[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Do You Share ODF Documents With MS Office Users?
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Do You Share ODF Documents With MS Office Users?
- From: anne-ology <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 19:59:57 -0500
- To: email@example.com
Tod, you're correct;
although the businesses fail to consider the cost of
safeguarding their machines;
a cost which would be considerably reduced by not using the
On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM, T Hopkins <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
On Aug 8, 2012, at 1:39 PM, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> > The problem doesn't seem to be so much with management not wanting to
> change - it seems to be with fear of the IT dept.
> There are very sound reasons that businesses are conservative. Businesses
> don't like change because change costs money. You don't argue for change
> by saying something is "just as good" or "not as bad as you think." You
> must argue that change is BETTER than not changing and will ultimate
> increase productivity, which increases profits.
> The difference in cost of the initial license, when considered from the
> full deployment/productivity calculation of an IT manager, is often not the
> deciding factor. The primary cost of changing software is not the license,
> but installation, configuration, training, and lost productivity during
> conversion. If you put all of this on a balance sheet for a company that
> is currently using MS Office, the cost of "upgrading" the existing software
> is often much lower than the cost of changing new software, even when that
> new standard has a free license.
> Tod Hopkins
> Hillmann & Carr Inc.
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Impress: super and subscript not proportional (too slim and ugly)
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: printing problem PDF Postscript
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Do You Share ODF Documents With MS Office Users?
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Do You Share ODF Documents With MS Office Users?