[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] FILESAVE on local file system impossible with active network
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] FILESAVE on local file system impossible with active network
- From: Michael Marré <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 19:47:44 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I encountered following issue on my customers productive laptop (fresh
installed Ubuntu-like distribution Linux Mint 12)
If the networking is enabled and customer tries to save an open document (loaded from local fs, NOT a network fs!) on a filesystem on the local disk
(e.g. in folder Documents of his home directory) LibreOffice hangs for a big time and maybe after an hour (with luck) the document of 1 page text is saved.
If the network is switched off, LibreOffice saves within a millisecond. When network is on, all mounted network shares are accessible and works well.
Also I can save any document with other programs without any issues. Thus, the problem is obviously related with LibreOffice and network access.
I took a backtrace and a strace of this behaviour two times:
- one with network active (where the problem is)
- one with networking deactivated (where no problem is)
I won't spam the traces over the list. If anyone would like to have a look in this traces just send me a note.
I guess that LibreOffice is asking the network stack for information (why, if we store on a local filesystem?) and running
very long until we get a timeout. Thanx in advance for your help!
Erm... just to be complete: Of course I already deleted the .libreoffice (User Profile) directory first but the problem remains.
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-users] convert to pdf - failing||Sharon Kimble <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] pdf creation issue on a single file?
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: convert to pdf - failing
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: convert to pdf - failing
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: convert to pdf - failing