[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice pause during startupThis has worked for me in allrecent versions of Ubuntu
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice pause during startupThis has worked for me in allrecent versions of Ubuntu
- From: "Don C. Myers" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:32:34 -0400
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 07/20/2012 09:06 AM, Dan wrote:
Don Myers wrote:Hi Dan,
This has worked for me in all recent versions of Ubuntu:
In terminal, do gksudo gedit /etc/hosts
Add line as shown below for, for instance, 127.0.0.1 galaxy localhost
4) and add a line so it looks like this:
127.0.0.1 galaxy localhost galaxy.(none)
6) now LibreOffice.org Writer and Calc open fast when the network
connection is attached.
For anyone new reading this. replace "galaxy" with whatever you have
named your computer.
On 07/20/2012 02:44 AM, Robert Mesibov wrote:
I'm running LibreOffice 3.4.6 OOO340m1 (Build:602) on Debian Squeeze.
The progress bar on the splash screen stops part-way during startup
for about 10 seconds. During this time LO sends a request of some sort
over the network connection (lights flash on router) every 2 seconds,
5 times in all. LO then completes startup.
- with the splash screen turned off in /etc/libreoffice/sofficerc (the
pause and network requesting still happen)
- when launching LO by itself, or when opening a Writer or other LO
document through a file manager
- with Java RE option on or off
With an LO document already open, there is no pause when opening a
second LO document. The pause only occurs during startup.
How to stop LO from sending requests over the network on startup, so
that it opens without the 10-second pause?
Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Online Update
If an update option of Daily is checked, would this account for the network connection? Or, might it be a bug in that every time LO is opened it checks for an update instead of once a day? If so, would unchecking "Check for updates automatically" stop this?
I don't know. These instructions go back to the first release of LibreOffice when it opened initially really slowly for me. If I recall correctly, they were originally for open office. I found them on the Internet. It was essential for LibreOffice 3.3x and 3.4x for me. I've seen less difference in 3.5x. I've only updated LibreOffice when a new version is out, such as 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52.
Don C. Myers
e-PRO Certified by the National Association of Realtors
Manager, Farm and Rural Property Division
*Coldwell Banker University Realty
*126 East Foster Avenue, State College, PA 16801
Office Phone: 814-237-6543 Fax: 814-237-6502
Home Phone: 814-422-8111 Cell Phone: 814-571-9518
Visit the Farm and Rural Property Division Web Site at _www.cbur-ruralproperty.com <http://www.cbur-ruralproperty.com/>
_View Don's Farm Web Site at www.myersfarm.com <http://www.myersfarm.com/>
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-users] LibreOffice pause during startup||Robert Mesibov <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice pause during startupThis has worked for me in allrecent versions of Ubuntu||Don Myers <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice pause during startupThis has worked for me in allrecent versions of Ubuntu||Dan <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Searching for ”empty” cell (LibreOffice BASIC macro)
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Base and SQL statement
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice pause during startupThis has worked for me in allrecent versions of Ubuntu
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice pause during startup