[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] [188.8.131.52/Calc] Turn negative number into positive?
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] [184.108.40.206/Calc] Turn negative number into positive?
- From: Steven Shelton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 16:28:56 -0400
- To: email@example.com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On 7/12/2012 1:53 PM, Doug wrote:
> On 07/12/2012 11:28 AM, Gilles wrote:
>> A cell contains a negative number that I need to turn into a
>> -123 becomes 123.
>> I checked the Math section, but didn't find a function to do this:
>> Is there a way?
> Can't you multiply by -1?
That depends on the desired result. If you want all numbers to be
positive, you need to use ABS(). If you want to change the values of all
numbers (positives become negatives and negative become positives),
you'd multiply by -1.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.12 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-users] [220.127.116.11/Calc] Turn negative number into positive?||Gilles <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] [18.104.22.168/Calc] Turn negative number into positive?||Doug <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Quickstarter is missing from LO3.5.5. on Debian
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] query for help ...
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] [22.214.171.124/Calc] Turn negative number intopositive?
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] query for help ...