[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] [184.108.40.206/Calc]Multiply percentage with fraction?
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] [220.127.116.11/Calc]Multiply percentage with fraction?
- From: Dan <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 08:54:06 -0400
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
HelloThis is what I did. I right clicked the A of column A and selected Format cells. I selected percentage. Then I used this procedure to format Column B as a number with 2 decimal places. I entered 1.25 in cell A1 (1.25%) and entered 80 in cell B1 (80.00). In cell C1 I entered "=A1*B1. Cell C1 shows 1 as the answer.
The C1 column contains percentages, eg. "1,80%" while C2 contains rational
numbers, eg. "0,70".
I need to multiple C1 x C2, but Calc displays "#NAME?".
What should I do to perform this operation?
View this message in context: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/3-5-3-2-Calc-Multiply-percentage-with-fraction-tp3994438.html
Sent from the Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
I'm not sure what the error is, but I will suggest something. Have you formatted your C1 and C2 columns correctly?
I noticed another thing. When I format both columns as text and enter 1.25% in A1 and 80.00 in B1, I still get 1 as my answer.
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-users] Re: [18.104.22.168/Calc]Multiply percentage with fraction?||Andreas Säger <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-users] [22.214.171.124/Calc]Multiply percentage with fraction?||Gilles <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] [126.96.36.199/Calc]Multiply percentage with fraction?
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice won't save settings
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] [188.8.131.52/Calc]Multiply percentage with fraction?
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: [184.108.40.206/Calc]Multiply percentage with fraction?