[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] PDF Irregularities - uncontrollable line spacing problems
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] PDF Irregularities - uncontrollable line spacing problems
- From: "Rogier F. van Vlissingen" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 06:50:28 -0400
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back in 2002 I produced a book, going straight to print off a Open Office
PDF, and the results were thoroughly satisfactory. In fact, my book at that
time was probably the first production book that was fully produced
straight from OO, skipping DTP altogether.
Today, 10 years later I'm doing a tentative layout for a book in Libre
Office, though this time without the intention of going to print from the
PDF, but I'm finding out I could not do it if I wanted to for there are
some unpredictable anomalies happening in the PDF in LIbre Office. (I have
not tried OO yet. Today I would probably use Scribus or Adobe Indesign to
prepare a proper print layout.) What is happening is that there are
completely unpredictable irregularities in the LO PDF output for which I
cannot find any evident cause.
- There is irregular line spacing happening in the PDF output for
reasons that are entirely unclear in the original.
- In some cases opening smart quotes seem to display at a point size
about 5 times the size of the text in the PDF (not in the actual document
files), which at least provides a visual clue for the irregular line
Does anyone have similar experience, and has anyone perhaps found a
workaround, or is this an "issue."
Rogier F. van Vlissingen, NY
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] animation in an impress documennt
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: "Lost" Python macros
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Macro code to highlight a field on a Form
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] How can I edit a database with Calc ?