[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Question about Calc
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Question about Calc
- From: Ian Whitfield <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 11:10:21 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can you help me out - I've done this before but now can not get it to work!!
I'm working in Calc (latest) on PCLinuxOS (latest) and have a multi-page spreadsheet.
I have my dates in SHEET 1.Col 'C' with the matching data in the same ROW. Lower down I use a dropdown box to select which date I want. I then use a MATCH function to find out which ROW that date is on. So far so good... this works fine and - for example - I get a returned value of '14' which tells me that the data for the date selected is on ROW 14 of the spreadsheet.
NOW - under the dropdown box I need to pull down other values from the same row, ie COLS D, E and F.
So I need to now put in an address using the above variable so I enter '="D"&<cell ref>' but I get an error no matter what I do!!! This should translate to "D14"??? (Then I'll go on and do CELLS E14 and F14). To compound my problem I'm working on SHEET 3 and the data I need is on SHEET 1 so I need the correct syntax for the following...
'=Sheet1."D"&<cell ref>'. (<cell ref> contains the ROW No and I will change the COL ID as needed)
I guess it's a case of not seeing the woods for the trees but the more I work on it the worse it gets.
Can you see my error???
Pretoria, South Africa
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-users] Re: Question about Calc||Andreas Säger <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Using and Formatting Logical Functions in Calc
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: Question about Calc
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Question about CALC
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: Question about Calc