[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Re: List and Combo boxes
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: List and Combo boxes
- From: Andreas Säger <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 21:37:38 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Am 12.06.2012 21:08, Dan wrote:
To populate a list or combo box, I have been using single field tables.
Seems like it should be possible to use a single table for more than one
list or combo box. (The SQL statement for selecting a field for a list
or combo box is: SELECT "field name" FROM "table name".) Has anyone
tried this before? Any problems doing this?
In a combo box you "always" want:
SELECT DISTINCT "Field" FROM "Table" ORDER BY "Field"
In a list box you "always" want:
SELECT "Field or Concatenation", "Primary Key"
ORDER BY "Field or Concatenation"
Data field=The form's foreign key
[Example] Relations reflected by list boxes in forms
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: List and Combo boxes||Dan <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-users] Re: List and Combo boxes||Alexander Thurgood <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-users] List and Combo boxes||Dan <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] List and Combo boxes
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: cannot save an .html type document, opened in calc as .ods file (libreoffice 3.5.3)
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] List and Combo boxes
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: List and Combo boxes