[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Calc: Search & Replace Within A Column
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Calc: Search & Replace Within A Column
- From: Rich Shepard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 17:36:03 -0700 (PDT)
- To: email@example.com
On Fri, 25 May 2012, Mirosław Zalewski wrote:
1. Your sheet is displaying three decimal zeroes, but value of cell is
another. Check Format → Cells (or RMB → Format Cells) if they are
formatted to have three decimal zeroes.
Each numeric column is formatted as numbers with no commas and 3 decimal
2. Displayed zero is effect of computation of formula entered into cell.
By default, LO searches only formulas. To change this, in find and replace
window you have to click "more options" button and change "search in" to
There are no formulae in the sheet. All data values.
In both cases, you can check value of selected cell in formula field (right
above the sheet).
This is interesting: cells that were changed show the formula of -0.0051
while the cells that were not changed show the formula of 0 but display
0.000. Yet, the cell format is the same: a number with 3 decimal places and
1 leading zero. What might cause this?
While you are in "More options", ensure that "current selection only" is
checked. Otherwise, you may unintentionally destroy your other data. Perhaps
creating backup copy of file before search-and-replace is good idea.
This was checked before.
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-users] Re: Calc: Search & Replace Within A Column||Andreas Säger <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-users] Calc: Search & Replace Within A Column||Rich Shepard <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Calc: Search & Replace Within A Column||Mirosław Zalewski <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Calc: Search & Replace Within A Column
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: Calc: Search & Replace Within A Column
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Calc: Search & Replace Within A Column
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: Calc: Search & Replace Within A Column