[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Re: Writer crashing saving in docx format
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: Writer crashing saving in docx format
- From: Andreas Säger <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 16:59:26 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Am 24.05.2012 16:27, Jay Lozier wrote:
Stop assuming that someone has access to Windows or can afford to buy a
retail copy of MSO. Many LO users have limited finances and can not
afford to buy new software and possibly the hardware to run it.
A Pentium PC with Office '97 reads and writes doc/xls/ppt almost perfectly. There are "free" viewers and "free" online versions of MSO.
Thanks to our software, MSO removed their "Genuine Advantage" model from their office suite so every MS addict can have his "free copy" of MSO.
Reportedly, some capable converters exist (I tried zamzar.com with more satifying results than LibO). So far not a single doc/xls coming from my Linux machine has been rejected by any MS user. Just do not write OOXML!
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-users] Writer crashing saving in docx format||"firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Writer crashing saving in docx format||e-letter <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Writer crashing saving in docx format||Jay Lozier <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: LibreOffice is listed as an educational software for math
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: installation of LO35; removal of LO33 required?
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Writer crashing saving in docx format
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Writer crashing saving in docx format