[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Printing in 184.108.40.206
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Printing in 220.127.116.11
- From: Bob Melson <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 00:10:02 -0600
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Just installed 18.104.22.168 as an update in FreeBSD (8.3, AMD64 and i386) and
am unable to configure printers following the LibreOffice help page for
installing printers under unix. As well, there is no default printer.
Following the help page instructions, I have gone to
<install-path>/libreoffice/program and have attempted to run spadmin.
Doing so, I receive an error message (message panel) telling me that no
printers can be installed because the file system is read-only, but no
indication what filesystem it's referring to. So, where do I look or,
better yet, what do I do to get my printers configured?
I've been told, informally, that LO has gone from supporting lpd/lp
printing to a cups-only regime. If so, I suggest that this is a major
blunder since cups is not appropriate for many situations - small
installations with few users, desktops with attached printers, etc.
What's the truth here?
Robert G. Melson | Rio Grande MicroSolutions | El Paso, Texas
The greatest tyrannies are always perpetrated
in the name of the noblest causes -- Thomas Paine
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Printing in 22.214.171.124||Jay Lozier <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Printing in 126.96.36.199||webmaster-Kracked_P_P <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: Calc chart question
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Starting a set of styles from scratch in LO Writer?
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Can't find Commands window in LO Math
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Printing in 188.8.131.52