[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Re: Problems importing an OO database into LO
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: Problems importing an OO database into LO
- From: Andreas Säger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 15:54:05 +0200
- To: email@example.com
Am 16.04.2012 14:49, Mark Stanton wrote:
- multiple table query/update support
Multi-table update support is an SQL limitation, isn't it?
At least it requires that a foreign key is linked to another table's unique (primary) key, otherwise it is uncertain which one of the related rows you are going to update.
This has improved in OOo 3.3. with embedded HSQLDB:
SELECT "A".*, "B".* FROM "A" JOIN "B" ON "A"."ID"="B"."AID"
selects an editable row set from 2 related tables (A.PrimaryKey=B.ForeignKey).
For anything else there are subforms and list boxes. These two elements let you edit related tables in any case.
Comparing this supplementary tool set with a full featured database suite is not fair. Many people can not accept anything less sophisticated than MS Access. The difference amounts to a full decade with a multi-million dollar budget.
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] first line indents in .odt vs .doc in LO 220.127.116.11. on Win7
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: What's going on?
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Problems importing an OO database into LO
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: Problems importing an OO database into LO