[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] first line indents in .odt vs .doc in LO 18.104.22.168. on Win7
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] first line indents in .odt vs .doc in LO 22.214.171.124. on Win7
- From: "Rogier F. van Vlissingen" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 09:33:50 -0400
- To: email@example.com
This problem is an evolutionary perception of an earlier one.
I had a problem with hanging indents in a .doc format, but after a few
iterations it seemed to go away. However this is all part of a book
project, so subsequently I've tried the same thing on other files
(Chapters), and here is what seems to happen.
The provenance of these files is they were started as .odt, and then
converted to .doc for my collaboration partners who are still using
wordstar, sorry..., msword. While in the first file the problem was
mysteriously solved, in subsequent files it is happening again, and in fact
the only way for me to preserve the hanging indents is to work in .odt.
When I even try to define the first line indent in a .doc file, that
formatting is lost as soon as the file is saved.
For now the workaround is to go back to .odt, and apply the desired
paragraph formatting where it is needed, and save the .odt. Then I can save
as .doc, and reopen it in MSW, and reapply the first line indent in the
paragraph definition in Word, and subsequently it is preserved properly, to
the point that it is then editable in LO, and I can reapply that paragraph
format and it continues to be saved properly.
As a variation, if I open the .odt in MSW it gives me an error, though it
will recover the document.
Rogier F. van Vlissingen, NY
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: What's going on?
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: Problems importing an OO database into LO
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Impress - mass photo import - mass slideshow merge
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] first line indents in .odt vs .doc in LO 126.96.36.199. on Win7