[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] adding footnotes to a LibreOffice document
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] adding footnotes to a LibreOffice document
- From: Udvarias Ur <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 17:57:39 -0400
- To: LibreOffice users list <email@example.com>
I have started converting a very large document to PDF. i.e. Many books,
each of which has many chapters, which in turn contain many folios. All
of which is extensively footnoted.
This document was originally published as a manuscript and is therefore
referenced, as all manuscripts are, by folio number and side. i.e. The
books are not bound, each page of the manuscript is an individual sheet
with text on both sides. So the text of the 1st page is referred to as
folio 1a and folio 1b.
The footnotes are numbered for each side of each folio. So the footnotes
on folio 1a start at 1 and the footnotes on folio 1b start at 1 again.
1. I have not found a to restart the number of automatic footnote
numbers. Is there some way to restart the number that I have not found?
2. There are also cases there a footnote number in the text refers to
the same footnote that a previous footnote number referred to. In
the text the same number is use both times. Is there a way to create
a footnote number in the test that refers to a previous footnote?
This letter was generated and sent from Thunderbird on Ubuntu Linux.
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-users] adding footnotes to a LibreOffice document||Calvin Kim <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-users] adding footnotes to a large LibreOffice document||Tom Davies <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Browser plugin gives blank page
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: Browser plugin gives blank page
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Base 22.214.171.124 hangs
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] adding footnotes to a large LibreOffice document