[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Recovery and Updates
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Recovery and Updates
- From: rexrino <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 20:17:00 -0400
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 04/12/2012 07:42 PM, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
Hi everyone,not sure if it will help but you might try writing a doc and checking the .libreoffice directory to see how it changes (config files, backup, etc). Did you check the settings in the Tools/Options section?
I've switched to digest mode and, so far, it is just what I need. I
started a thread earlier about an anomaly in Libreoffice 3.5.1. I have
not seen any response to it neither have I spotted the initial mail in
any digest I have received so far. I'll repeat again:
1. Libreoffice is trying to recover files that do not exist. This
happens at every start-up. The files in question are not corrupt. They
were deleted and are no longer needed. I'd like to stop this behaviour.
Any clues? I suspect Libreoffice maintains a list/record of recently
failed loading attempts and continues to try entries on that list at
each start-up ... if this is true, where does LibO maintain such?
2. I have just downloaded 3.5.2. I did notice something strange on a
page linked from the download page (release notes under 'Handy
Resources'). The release info has the following statement: "This is
the third release from the 3.5 branch of Libreoffice.
It contains many exciting new features, and is the recommended version
for private users and small enterprises." This is not informative!
What changed between 3.5.1 and 3.5.2? The idea of release notes is to
inform users of changes ... or perhaps that is reserved for main
releases in the order 3.3, 3.4, 3.5 ...etc. If so, there should be a
change-log or report somewhere. We cant keep downloading things without
knowing what to expect.
I'm using slackware 13.37 without the kde lib's and it flies. I have the qt lib installed but nothing kde. I'm using the xfe GUI.
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Recovery and Updates||MiguelAngel <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-users] Recovery and Updates||Onyeibo Oku <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Recovery and Updates
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] [writer] Moving a frame with a table in
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Recovery and Updates
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Recovery and Updates