[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] How to edit words and phrases in a pdf
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] How to edit words and phrases in a pdf
- From: Steve Edmonds <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 08:55:43 +1200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have used OCRAD to scanacontract to text for writer but Tesseract seems to get better results.
I found that PDFs produced from MSO I cannot edit, some I can't even print properly. Must be the format they are produced in. Interesting articles http://blog.konradvoelkel.de/2010/01/linux-ocr-and-pdf-problem-solved/ http://www.splitbrain.org/blog/2010-06/15-linux_ocr_software_comparison
On 13/04/12 4:11 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
Thanks :) Is there an OpenSource OCR that works with LibreOffice?
--- On Thu, 12/4/12, Marc Grober<email@example.com> wrote:
From: Marc Grober<firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] How to edit words and phrases in a pdf
Date: Thursday, 12 April, 2012, 17:09
If I open a pdf that contains encoded text I can edit the pdf text in
LO, but a pdf may not have text encoded in it, in which case you would
have to do OCR etc.
On 4/12/12 7:38 AM, jomali wrote:
On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Tom Davies<email@example.com> wrote:
Normally when i open a pdf document in LibreOffice each line of text seems
to be contained in it's own text-box which i can then move around or
perhaps delete but i can't seem to edit the words inside the line, eg to
Is it possible to edit pdfs in the same way that we can edit Odts? Do i
need to add an Extension?
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-users] How to edit words and phrases in a pdf||Tom Davies <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] [writer] Moving a frame with a table in
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: How to edit words and phrases in a pdf
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] How to edit words and phrases in a pdf
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: How to edit words and phrases in a pdf