[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Re: document conversion problems, losing formatting information.
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: document conversion problems, losing formatting information.
- From: Marc Paré <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 20:17:25 -0400
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Le 2012-04-10 02:38, Rogier F. van Vlissingen a écrit :
With a longish document (45 pages), which started life once as a .odt, but
then was converted to a .doc because of a collaboration with word users, I
revised some of the layout in a .doc format.
When saving it however the change in formatting (first line indentations in
some of the paragraphs) is lost. I discovered this when sending it to a
colleague for editing, who opened it in Word, and did not see the indents I
had claimed to apply.
Since then, I can save the doc as .odt and preserve the indents as
intended. I cannot however convert it to .doc, or I end up having the
problem, and in fact in some cases word claims the document is corrupted. I
can save it as a .doc and .docx and open it in word, but the formatting
info is lost, and in fact, Word does not seem to give me the option to do a
first line indentation in its style sheets, so I cannot even replicate the
The issue is the same if I do it manually or via the style sheet. It is
lost as soon as I try to save it in .doc.
I cannot seem to replicate the first line indentation in Word, because it
does not have the option, I have found no way to work around this.
If your version of Libreoffice is v.3.5.2, please check the section on the 3.5 Features page that is entitled: "ODF 1.2 Conforming Documents", (you'll find the section near the bottom of the page).
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: document conversion problems, losing formatting information.||"Rogier F. van Vlissingen" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-users] document conversion problems, losing formatting information.||"Rogier F. van Vlissingen" <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Merging two different spreadsheets in Calc
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Make a form that allows user to drag and drop in an image
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] document conversion problems, losing formatting information.
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: document conversion problems, losing formatting information.