On 2012-04-11 08:30, randyzimmer wrote:
I get a .txt from our supplier every month with 101,961 part numbers, prices
and more.
I have a list of items we stock or have stocked - it also has part numbers
but also has where we put them and how many we have - this has 1280 numbers.
What I want to do is make one list with all the info from the two.

I have two files with the data in .ods format.
Can they be merged based on the part number?
That's the only common info and they start at top left on both files.
Caution, I know nothing about spreadsheet programs.

Hi.
There are probably a number of ways to do this.
When you say you have 2 .ods files I assume you mean you have your data in one file and the supplier data in the other file, separated out in columns. Is the part number in its own column. Can you be sure that the part number only occurs once in the suppliers list.
If so I would copy the supplier information onto sheet 2 of your .ods file.
You could then use the lookup functions to match the part number from the supplier sheet to the part number on your sheet and insert the relevant information.

Is this enough to go on or do you need more explicit instructions. This list will not enable attachment of files but could email off list.
Steve