[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] document conversion problems, losing formatting information.
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] document conversion problems, losing formatting information.
- From: "Rogier F. van Vlissingen" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 02:38:06 -0400
- To: email@example.com
With a longish document (45 pages), which started life once as a .odt, but
then was converted to a .doc because of a collaboration with word users, I
revised some of the layout in a .doc format.
When saving it however the change in formatting (first line indentations in
some of the paragraphs) is lost. I discovered this when sending it to a
colleague for editing, who opened it in Word, and did not see the indents I
had claimed to apply.
Since then, I can save the doc as .odt and preserve the indents as
intended. I cannot however convert it to .doc, or I end up having the
problem, and in fact in some cases word claims the document is corrupted. I
can save it as a .doc and .docx and open it in word, but the formatting
info is lost, and in fact, Word does not seem to give me the option to do a
first line indentation in its style sheets, so I cannot even replicate the
The issue is the same if I do it manually or via the style sheet. It is
lost as soon as I try to save it in .doc.
I cannot seem to replicate the first line indentation in Word, because it
does not have the option, I have found no way to work around this.
Rogier F. van Vlissingen, NY
(917) 549 0959
Making Green Power financially rewarding
** Independent Representative **
*sign up for power here www.napower.com/124436*
*sign up for American wind here
And grow some glutathione <http://359998.max.com> while you're at it
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-users] Re: document conversion problems, losing formatting information.||Marc Paré <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] document conversion problems, losing formatting information.||Jay Lozier <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Remove Macro from spreadsheet
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] LOo 220.127.116.11 upgrade in Ubuntu Natty does not 'see' old templates
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Math and accessibility for the visually impaired
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] document conversion problems, losing formatting information.