[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Make a form that allows user to drag and drop in an image
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Make a form that allows user to drag and drop in an image
- From: Dan Lewis <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 14:35:48 -0400
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Fri, 2012-04-06 at 08:52 -0700, avamk wrote:
> Thanks to the great instructions
> http://sheepdogguides.com/fdb/fdb1imagbp.htm here , I learned how to link a
> VARCHAR field to images in my filesystem, and display them in a form.
> However, when I add new entries, I have to manually type in the relative
> path of an image into that field. This is cumbersome when I need to add lots
> of entries, e.g. making a catalouge of things with images for each.
> Therefore, is it possible to create a form so that when adding a new entry,
> there is a "box" in the form where the user can just drag and drop in the
> desired image, and the appropriate relative path to the image will be added
> to the field???
> Thank you very much!
No. How would the form know where the image had been located? When
pictures are linked in a Writer document, you have to browse to the
picture's location before inserting it in the document. It is the
browsing that tells Writer the proper link for it. Base does not have
this ability (to browse to different other locations).
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Make a form that allows user to drag and drop in an image||drew jensen <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-users] Make a form that allows user to drag and drop in an image||avamk <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Problems importing an OO database into LO
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Problems importing an OO database into LO
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: Make a form that allows user to drag and drop in an image
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Make a form that allows user to drag and drop in an image