[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] formatting emails
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] formatting emails
- From: e-letter <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 09:24:48 +0000
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 23/03/2012, Doug <email@example.com> wrote:
> Interesting problem: An email text is received which you need to format
> for publication.
> The email uses a carriage return at the end of each line, and a double
> carriage return
> for paragraph spacing. What I'd like to do is remove the cr's at the
> end of each line, so
> the text can be justified, and turn the double cr's into paragraph
> controls, or just leave
> as double cr's. Obviously all this can be done a line at a time by
> hand, but it's a pain.
> Is there any way someone can suggest to automate this?
This is quickly performed by using regular expressions, either in LO
or more easily in any decent text editor.
On a separate issue, what is the syntax in LO to select paragraph
breaks (pilcrow (¶) sign) in the 'find and replace' dialogue window?
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-users] formatting emails||e-letter <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] formatting emails||Johnny Rosenberg <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] formatting emails||Nino Novak <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-users] formatting emails||Doug <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] formatting emails
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] formatting emails
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] formatting emails
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] formatting emails