[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] LO 3.5 corrupts DOCX completely
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO 3.5 corrupts DOCX completely
- From: Ron Johnson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:09:38 -0600
- To: email@example.com
On 02/14/2012 11:20 AM, Philip Gillißen wrote:
I just downloaded and tested LibreOffice 3.5 on Windows 64 Bit and my
test result is depressing:
LibreOffice 3.5 corrupts my DOCX files completely, so that Microsoft
Word 2010 cannot open it anymore!
I tried it with simple documents and it failed completely. Word doesn't
even offer to recover the document, it is just unable to open it. I
think this is a huge issue for most users of LibreOffice.
On Ubuntu 64 bit, with LibreOffice 3.4, the documents were only
corrupted, so that Word had to recover it (with lots of lost
formatting...) but it could open the file.
I experienced a similar behaviour with xlsx, too.
I don't know, why the importer for docx/xlsx is getting worse. I hope,
you guys can use this information to improve LO.
Filing a bug and attaching a "pure" .docx plus the corrupted version would be a good start towards that improvement.
How does being physically handicapped make me Differently-Abled?
What different abilities do I have?
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-users] LO 3.5 corrupts DOCX completely||Philip Gillißen <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-users] LO 3.5 corrupts DOCX completely||Philip Gillißen <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Install extension multiuser (solve avoid StartCenter?)
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] LWP documents
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] LO 3.5 corrupts DOCX completely
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO 3.5 corrupts DOCX completely