[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] LO 3.5 corrupts DOCX completely
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] LO 3.5 corrupts DOCX completely
- From: Philip Gillißen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 18:20:03 +0100
- To: email@example.com
I just downloaded and tested LibreOffice 3.5 on Windows 64 Bit and my test result is depressing:
LibreOffice 3.5 corrupts my DOCX files completely, so that Microsoft Word 2010 cannot open it anymore!
I tried it with simple documents and it failed completely. Word doesn't even offer to recover the document, it is just unable to open it. I think this is a huge issue for most users of LibreOffice.
On Ubuntu 64 bit, with LibreOffice 3.4, the documents were only corrupted, so that Word had to recover it (with lots of lost formatting...) but it could open the file.
I experienced a similar behaviour with xlsx, too.
I don't know, why the importer for docx/xlsx is getting worse. I hope, you guys can use this information to improve LO.
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-users] LO 3.5 corrupts DOCX completely||Stefan Weigel <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] LO 3.5 corrupts DOCX completely||e-letter <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] LO 3.5 corrupts DOCX completely||Ron Johnson <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: LO 3.5 - Can't see page margins in Writer
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] LWP documents
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Base - Phone book ?
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO 3.5 corrupts DOCX completely