[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Ignoring text in calc formula
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Ignoring text in calc formula
- From: Regina Henschel <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 18:57:48 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Toni & Chris PC4 schrieb:
I use this formula in calc on a large forecast spreadsheet
There has to be some cells with text but the text is not being ignored
That is right. The operators + - * / calculate only with true numbers.
When it gets to a row with text in a cell it shows #VALUE!
I have searched and =sum is supposed to fix this ??
Yes it does. Text is treated as 0 for function SUM and as 1 for function PRODUCT.
Can you help.
In your special case you can use
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-users] Ignoring text in calc formula||"Toni & Chris PC4" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Ignoring text in calc formula
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Ignoring text in calc formula
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Ignoring text in calc formula
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Ignoring text in calc formula