Hi Gary,

NoOp wrote (16-10-11 01:57)
Thanks Cor; I was looking for it in the most recent minutes. Found it:

Thanks for your reconstruction - anyway it looks to me like you did.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2011-May/011485.html
* announcing binfilter as deprecated in 3.4
[...]

[...]
And the 3.4.3 release notes do not indicate that write support has been
dropped:
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/release-notes/#LO343

As per git, commits for removing support were from 2011-04-24.
  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log/?qt=grep&q=binfilter

So this might as well have landed in 3.4.1 ?
  http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan

Maybe it was thought that this text was sufficient:?
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/3-4-new-features-and-fixes/
Filters Features and Fixes
[..]
??

Looks clear enough to me.
But if you mean better timing, or more profound announcement would have been good... I think so. Alas mistakes are made here and there. Of course also by me (and I may have been involved in the notes/announcements - do not remember exactly).

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=30271&seqNum=8&rll=1

nice link :-)

Regards,

--