Hi :)
On linux systems it might be easier to install
mozilla-libreoffice
I'm not sure what to do for Windows or Mac but it was interesting to see that
there is an ActiveX thing for LibreOffice :)  It's probably safer than most
ActiveX controls as i would guess that it's written with the usual OpenSource
regard for safety as higher priority than functionality.

Regards from
Tom :)