[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Re: Frequent crashing <SOLVED>
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: Frequent crashing <SOLVED>
- From: JeepNut <JeepNut@zoho.com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 22:52:24 -0700 (PDT)
- To: email@example.com
Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
> .... This file is indeed the crash log of your Java virtual machine.
> I suggest you to give a try to the vanilla version of LibreOffice :
> http://www.libreoffice.org/download/ ....
This looked to be a great suggestion but before going down that road (I was
still reviewing posts in search of similar issues) I found a few suggestions
that I THINK have solved the problem. I've done some heavy editing and
played with some files and have had no further issues so I'm calling my
problem solved at this point.
I changed a couple of things but if I were to wager I'd say it was this that
1. Under LibreOffice -Java I verified that I have actually *marked* the
Java run-time environment that I want being used. Currently that is
1.6.0_26 but neither that one NOR 1.6.0_22 that is also shown were actually
"enabled". Also verified that there is no Openjdk listed there. Apparently
some have problems with that. Both of mine actually are Sun versions.
I also did these two things:
2. Disabled Enable experimental (unstable) features. No idea why I had
3. Enabled Open/Save Dialogs option to Use LibreOffice dialogs. I've
read that this not being selected may cause issues with the SaveAs option
according to reading.
So for now she seems to be running stable and I've not had the ap crash NOR
have I had the system lock up or freeze, or do anything weird at all since
changing those things.
Once again, this forum has helped resolve something that's been nagging me
This is me now!
Many thanks to those who contribute and keep the knowledge flowing.
View this message in context: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Frequent-crashing-tp3205545p3218085.html
Sent from the Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Frequent crashing <SOLVED>||Tom Davies <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Frequent crashing <SOLVED>||planas <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Frequent crashing <SOLVED>||"Simon Cropper (The foss Workflow Guides)" <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-users] Frequent crashing||JeepNut <JeepNut@zoho.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Frequent crashing||Jean-Baptiste Faure <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Word completion as a drop-down list like in IDEs ?
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Frequent crashing <SOLVED>
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Frequent crashing
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Frequent crashing <SOLVED>