[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Re: LO 3.4.2 plus Native MySQL connection
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: LO 3.4.2 plus Native MySQL connection
- From: Alexander Thurgood <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 20:12:10 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Le 29/07/11 11:10, Heinrich Stoellinger a écrit :
> My favourite connector to my MySQL-DB is the native connector. I hoped
> that it
> might work under 3.4.2, but it seems that this might not be the case -
> would be
> a pity.
That's because according to MySQL, it is recommended to recompile the
library for the libmysql Connector, each time a version change is made
to the app on which the integrated library is supposed to run.
AFAIK, the connector extension is not built by anyone from the dev group
for LibreOffice, it is entirely left up to the distros to do this as
part of their non-bundled extensions package offer.
I have built a recent version of the mysql connector from master on Mac,
but unfortunately it is OS specific, i.e. it won't work on other OSes.
You can see this from the OOo extensions site where there is a download
for 32 and 64 bit Linux, Mac OSX and Windows.
You need to be able to find someone who builds LibreOffice on Linux, and
add the build switch with the connector so that it gets compiled and an
up to date version is released.
If I had the time, I'd set this up, but am rather busy and short of disk
space on my Linux box at the moment.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-users] LO 3.4.2 plus Native MySQL connection||"Heinrich Stoellinger" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Libreoffice message footer
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] how to add watermark in a presentation?
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] LO 3.4.2 plus Native MySQL connection
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] How to convert a number(in format YYYYMMDD) to date