At 07:48 23/07/2011 -0500, George R. Kasica wrote:
I have a currently existing Excel 2007 sheet that I can do a (In Excel) Refresh All for \\APOLLO\e\WeatherLink\JACW3\download.txt ...

So that's a file available to your system?

... which is a te[x]t file in the format of: [...] and is properly formatted automatically by a Text-To-Columns setup already in the MS Excel sheet so all I need to do each day is Refresh All and select the filename and it pulls in the data in the proper column.

For the life of me I cannot see how to do this in Calc...and opening the existing sheet gets the right format, but I'm at a loss of how to get new data into it without redoing the whole text to columns every time ...

Try this:
o Go to Insert | Sheet From File..., browse to your .txt file, and click Insert. o In the Text Import dialogue, under "Separator options", select "Separated by", "Space", and "Merge delimiters".
o  Click OK.
o In the Insert Sheet dialogue, select the position of your new sheet and - crucially - tick Link.
o  Click OK.

Each time you open this spreadsheet, you will have the option to update this new sheet; alternatively, you can go to Edit | Links... and click Update. Note that, since the entire sheet is updated, any calculations you perform on that sheet will be lost - so you will have to move your calculations to other sheets.

If this data is downloaded from the web, you may prefer instead to use Insert | Link to External Data... and import directly from the web page.

... (not an option due to time constraints here each day when this has to happen...data is available at 59 past the hour and needs to just come in to be used by 15 past the next hour.

You can do a lot in sixteen minutes!

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker