Michael

Excellent, I did not know ISNUMBER existed, I never needed it before, but for my usage I would remove the word "Non-numeric" and just leave "" so the cell would remain blank.

I can see that in LO or any other spreadsheet that treats Letters as Numbers, this would be a necessary function.

I have learned something today - thanks

John B