As Regina pointed out, the case of mixed number and text values in a comparison is defined by the
implementation so that numbers are less than text (though that is surprising).  That is, the result
is as-designed, and this is consistent with the applications that LibreOffice provides
compatibility with.

For ODF 1.2 OpenFormula, if that is being used, the result is also implementation-defined.

There is a precedent for the odd result.  In some contexts, when there is a text and a number, the
number is converted to text and a text comparison is made.  In the example given, that would also
have the indicated result.  If the principle were to convert the text to a number, one would expect
an Error Value because 'A' is not a valid expression for a number.

In any case, once a practice is established (how long have OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice Calc been
doing this?), that becomes a case that some have already worked around.  If the practice were
changed, those existing calculations could be invalidated (unless the solution is to produce an
Error Value).

So, to be concrete: Is the request here that 'A'>10 produce an Error Value?

 - Dennis