I've just had a strange issue with two PDF files created with Libre
Office.

If the file is created with the PDF/A-1a option the user with an
Apple System gets an error and it will not option. If I create the file
with the PDF/A-1a unchecked the file can be opened with the
Apple. They can also see the document it they save it and use a
preview option.

Strangly, I tried to open the same file with Safari on a Windows
machine, and seem to get the exact same error.

When using Safari the open produces the following two
messages.

First Message comes up.

The file you have opened complies with the PDF/A standard and
has been opend read-only to prevent modifications.

Second Message comes up.

Adobe Reader

If I open the file saved without the PDF/A-1a the first message
also shows up, but the PDF file does open and display just fine.

Both files open fine on machines using mozilla on Windows and
Linux, but not on Mac?

So, this might be a MAC/Safari issue, but if it could be fixed that
would be best.

Thanks.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes@kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii@gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC@HOME CREDITS
SETI        10941762.314265   |   EINSTEIN     6103208.900851
ROSETTA      3312521.556159   |   ABC          6618627.730923