On 06/19/2011 03:04 AM, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
Le 19/06/11 10:23, Tom Cloyd a écrit :

Hi Tom,

1. Make first field a key with autovalue-yes.
2. Make second field a text (VARCHAR) field, with entry required = No,
and give it a default value - some text string.

You do have a primary key defined as the autovalue field (since you say
that this is a key, I guess so) ?

In theory. But as I said, it's not actually getting created, as that required that you move off the end of the form by pressing enter, at which point the record marker should move to the next record. But that isn't happening. What wrote in my previous post is exactly correct. Did you try it?
> From what I know, the autovalue parameter only works with the INTEGER type.

Yes, but this is not a problem. My key was/is set up correctly, and should have worked.

t.