Hi
Being quite new to LibreOffice, when I had problems with running LO & OOo at the same time, in trying to understand the problem, I discovered that its not just that LO uses the same file extensions, is that OOo is encoded within LO files with OOo pathways and file names, riddled would be a better word.

If you use a file viewer such as that within Ztree, you can see when viewing LO configuration files, that so much is OOo names and OOo pathways. So much so, I cannot think how they would not conflict, just look at the LO "registrymodifications.xcu" file (hundred or more OOo's)

What I find strange is that IBM Open Symphony mini suite (based on OOo) also uses a soffice.exe and if you run all three you will find that you have 3 separate soffice.exe's running. Symphony on the other hand does not conflict in anyway that I can find. So it can be done.

My only way out in the end was to deep remove OOo using Revo-Uninstall and just hope that in the future I don't need it !!.

If you want to keep LO as the default, then you need to deep clean both LO & OOo, then re-install LO first, because for some reason OOo does not overwrite LO.

John B
xp pro sp3
LO 3.3.3.1 & 3.4