Have installed version 3.4.0
When I start LibreOffice and select "Writer", I am presented with Document Recovery, on the
document"untitled 1" with status of "Not Recovered Yet".

Selecting the "start recovery" button, with status message of "sucessfull recover" which "fails"
and/or crashes.
"Due to unexpected error LibreOffice "crashed"  All the files you were working on will now be saved.
The next time LibreOffice is launched, your files will be recovered automatically.

The following files will be recovered:

Untitled 1

Clicking on Okay, shuts down LibreOffice

When I restart LibreOffice, should I choose not to "Cancel" document, and select "Yes" to cancel
document recovery, I am able to open document, edit, and save document, in Writer.

However, when I attempt to start LibreOffice Calc, the LibreOffice Document Recovery is displayed,
and the following:

"Due to an unexpected error, LibreOffice crashed.  All the files you were working on will now be
saved.
The next time LibreOffice is launched, your files will be recovered automatically.

The following files will be recovered:

"show a empty box"

Clicking on the "OK", shuts down LibreOffice, after briefly showing a small display just prior to
shutting down.

unable to discern the contents of this window.

At this time, I am unable to open either a "New" CALC worksheet, nor am I able to open any of my
existing worksheets.