Ilja Gerhardt <ilja@cryptix.de> writes:

well, the issue is to include scientific graphs etc. from other programs
(plots, CAD, etc.) - the way to inkscape is quite straight forward.  But
then from there further to LO is a pain (as described). Maybe other
people have similar issues and found a better way than 'try'n'error' as
I do it right now.

Heh, each time I have to include vector graphics in some LibO component,
I end up spending lots of time to find a decent workaround. (So, it's
really a pain.)

PostScript kind of works, LibO won't render it for display, but it
appears correctly when you print.

So, as a workaround, you can try adding the images as encapsulated
postscript, print to file (generates PostScript) and use the resulting
file as the slideshow.

It won't have any kind of bells and whistles, like transition effects,
but at least images and text will be there.

Evince (which also runs on windows) reads postscript and has a
full-screen slideshow mode; you can also convert to PDF and use xpdf's
fullscreen mode (xpdf -fullscreen file.pdf, or Alt+f in a running xpdf).

--
Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg)
gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg