I have never seen so many so-called adults whining like bullied kids over a
subject that, in the greater scheme of the next Millenia doesn't mean squat!
I used to use a KayPro 16 to compute on, and even accessed a BBS with it
using a 9600 Baud modem. Would I do so today because that's how it used to
be done? Not a chance!

Most of the younger folks I know (I'm a dinosaur at almost 60) top post by
default, because in a Microsoft world, that is what they learned. Right,
wrong, or indifferent, it's the way things are today. If you want to go back
to the way things were done "in the good old days," I hate to break it to
you, but time always moves forward, and the only constant is change.

If you truly believe that limiting access to the Open Source community only
to folks who do things in one particular way will grow that community, you
might want to get a reality check. If you think that all this infighting
will help the community grow, you are wrong. If you cannot adapt and change
today, you will be left in the dust with the rest of computing's dinosaurs.

After recently hearing a talk on LibreOffice at an Open Source software
conference, I decided to give it a try, replacing the OpenOffice install
that came standard on my Ubuntu Linux LTS desktops. I joined this list in
case I would need some assistance with an issue. I have seen more petty
bickering on this one non-issue over the past several days than I have seen
people helped.

I've always been led to believe that Open Source was all about freedom, but
there are some folks here who just don't seem to give a damn about that, and
their main focus is to make sure that all the automatons do as they are
told.

Unlike some, I DO know how to unsubscribe, and I also know how to uninstall,
both of which I am going to do! There are other choices out there, and
LibreOffice needs users more then users need LibreOffice. THAT is the fact
Jack!

GROW UP!

--
Rob Smith