On 05/28/2011 06:08 AM, John King wrote:
Harald Bregel wrote:

I have come from OpenOffice under SUSE Linux 11.3 and KDE 4, and am now
using libreOffice in the same environment.

The OpenOffice "Save file" dialogue in KDE-style showed an icon to create
a new folder if needed. This icon is now gone under libreOffice. I have
found that I can configure libreOffice to display its own "Save file"
dialogue which includes the "Create new folder" option BUT this menu does
not have the seamlessly integrated look-and-feel of KDE. It sticks out
like a sore thumb.

How come the option "Create new folder" is now gone from the KDE-style
menu in libreOffice? It is something everybody needs. Can it be restored
in one of the next libreOffice releases?
+1

I see that creating new folders is still possible in the Windows and Gnome
versions.  It's only kde that's affected

John

johnmking_uk@yahoo.co.uk

I wonder if it is a problem with LibreOffice or a problem with SUSE Linux 11.3 and KDE 4?

As reported, it seems not to be a problem with Windows [Vista for me] and GNOME [Ubuntu 10.04LTS 64-bit for me].

Do anyone with Kubuntu or other Linux install with KDE as the default desktop have the same problem?

I wonder if you can use the Save As function with a Live version of Kubuntu to test it out?