________________________________
From: webmaster for Kracked Press Productions <webmaster@krackedpress.com>
To: users@libreoffice.org
Sent: Wed, 25 May, 2011 12:51:50
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] upgrade path?

On 05/24/2011 08:56 PM, Jon Colt wrote:
Thanks for responding. JC.

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 3:32 PM, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions<
webmaster@krackedpress.com>  wrote:

On 05/24/2011 10:16 AM, Jon Colt wrote:

I currently have LibreOffice v. 3.3.0 installed on my Win7 computer (still
trying to get it on Linux Mint, but that's another question).
Is there an easy (of course) way to upgrade to v. 3.3.2?
Thanks, and warmest regards,

Jon Colt.

  As far a I know, you have to install 3.3.2.  There is not real
update/upgrade path.

I believe that there is a plan to have an update file available in the
future, instead of needing to do a full install, but that is hard to do,
since there is so much that is worked on between versions.  These fixes
are module wide sometimes, so it would be hard to just install the new
files.  It could be that 50% or more of the module coding could have
been updated or tweaked between minor updates.

Hi :)
I heard/saw somewhere that although there is currently a rapid and frequent (ie
very aggressive) release cycle at the moment that there is an intention to slow
down to 6monthly releases at some point within the next year or so.  Personally
i just stick with an older release (3.3.1 on most machines) but if i need to
upgrade i tend to try to fit the downloads onto Cd or usb-stick so that i can
carry it to various different machines.

There is rarely any real need to upgrade.  Just because it is there doesn't mean
you have to use it!
Regards from
Tom  :)

PS i just checked and my current Ubuntu is on 3.3.2 somehow, magically.