It seems like I solved my own problem, with the help of others.
I accomplished typing furigana over kanji by selecting the kanji, format >
asian phonetic guide and typing the characters.
The most recent time I tried, the furigana characters in the ruby text box
don't update as you type.  To get rid of the squares, I ended up downloading
another version of Libreoffice.
I made sure to download LibreOffice 3.3.2 (All languages)

Things I haven't been able to accomplish now.

How do you remove the gray shading from the furigana (ruby text)?

How do you change the default behavior from alignment left to something
else?

How do you change the default size of the ruby text?

Is there a way to make all these settings sticky, or at least have
LibreOffice default to remembering in my last setting used?

Troy

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Troy Testing Desu <troytestingdesu@gmail.com