[libreoffice-users] Re: Avira antivirus in windows thinks Libreoffice 3.4.0-beta3 is a trojan

In 1304498329897-2897913.post@n3.nabble.com">news:1304498329897-2897913.post@n3.nabble.com,
Andy <mos4567@gmail.com> typed:
> I am thinking this is a false positive but if it is not
> the security of the mirror needs to be looked into,
> this is what avira reported...
>
> Type: URL
> Source:
> http://mirror.layerjet.com/tdf/libreoffice/testing/3.4.0-beta3/win/x86/LibO_3.4.0beta3_Win_x86_install_multi.exe
> Quarantine object: 4d04af49.qua
> Restored: NO
> Uploaded to Avira: NO
> Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/VISTA Workstation
> Search engine: 8.02.04.226
> Virus definition file: 7.11.07.124
> Detection: Is the TR/Kazy.7514 Trojan
> Date/Time: 5/4/2011, 4:13
>

> Any thoughts on weather this is a false positive or a bad
> mirror?

I suspect it's a false positive based on my own experience. You can probably
get the same answer from their forums.

I've run into the same issues on a different (VB) program, one I wrote
myself kept being tagged as a virus by Avira. I discovered finally that the
reason was Avira at that time detected a setup.exe file in an unexpected
location but it never said so. It just dug up a name and said I was infected
by xxxx. After some hair pulling and digging I discovered it was triggering
on a setup.exe in the VB folder.
First I deleted the file and the problem went away. Put the file back,
problem came back. Moved the file to Program Files and the problem stayed
gone!
Avira was declaring a virus based simply on PATH! Then from reading the
groups there I decided Avira was using their install base to do BETA testing
with but not saying so ... I got a support guy to admit it in so many words.
That was the last time I used Avira!

HTH,

Twayne`