[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Difficulty with Page Up, Page Down, and scrolling
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Difficulty with Page Up, Page Down, and scrolling
- From: Andy Hilgartner <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 00:15:35 -0500
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I switched from OpenOffice to LibreOffice when I read the claim that Libre code seems better and tighter than Open.
I had some favorite pointer devices (called Felix (Latin for "cat") rather than mouse -- but these got worn out. Then someone gave me a used Logitech trackball, which I can also use without destroying my wrists.
With LibreOffice 3.3.0 and the three-button trackball, the Writer program rather quickly became non-functional. If I clicked on the Page Up or Page Down, or with the trackball, the program would not jump to the new position. Instead, it would "scroll" one line a second, keeping the rest of the computer paralyzed, until it had moved by a whole page. Clicking in the "elevator" to go up or down on the page similarly scrolled in this impaired slow motion. I can't work -- write papers -- under such conditions.
I have no idea how to go about fixing this problem. I can't write or edit papers with LibreOffice, with this problem -- which leaves me using Microsoft Word (which I would rather not do).
My operating system: Windows XP Professional (or UberStudent distribution of Ubuntu Linux, which I have little skill in using, so far.)
I don't know just what other information someone better with computers than I might want.
Please tell/show me how to fix this problem.
C. A. Hilgartner Phone: 660-627-2519
2413 North East Street Email: email@example.com
Kirksville MO 63501 USA URL: www.hilgart.org
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Difficulty with Page Up, Page Down, and scrolling||Libre User <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Writer tutorial ready for upload
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Writer tutorial ready for upload
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Writer tutorial ready for upload
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Difficulty with Page Up, Page Down, and scrolling