[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Ellison's Oracle washes hands of OpenOffice
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Ellison's Oracle washes hands of OpenOffice
- From: Stereotactic <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 18:44:17 +0530
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
It has turned out to be very interesting discussion. And surprise surprise that MS is dying a slow death. There have been comments on the early age of computing (when I wasn't even born) and worked on Intel branded crap hardware.
Nevertheless, this is the time to focus on the User Interface. The "ribbon interface" is not the "de-facto" standard but it becomes a frustrating exercise to get people to shift to a new software if they are used to seeing the familiar controls. I have faced this issue many times while trying to convince different users to shift to FOSS and this obviously is a big issue. I had raised the issue in local mailing lists (for Linux) and like bunch of retards professed their helplessness.
Hence, this is the time to seize the moment and bring out the dazzle. The latest version of Libre Office is brilliant (I am using Linux Mint 10) and has done a great amount of work as far as the stability is concerned. There are excellent suggestions for working on the user interface and then it would squarely kick MS's ass (and groins) where it hurts them at the most.
Hope this helps.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Ellison's Oracle washes hands of OpenOffice||Wayne Borean <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-users] Ellison's Oracle washes hands of OpenOffice||Vic Dura <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] [Lib0 3.4] Default export folder for pdf files
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Ellison's Oracle washes hands of OpenOffice
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: Ellison's Oracle washes hands of OpenOffice
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Ellison's Oracle washes hands of OpenOffice