[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] how to find and replace ppgh symbol
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] how to find and replace ppgh symbol
- From: "Crowley, Elizabeth" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:06:05 -0400
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have been looking for a way to use Librewriter's Find&Replace gu
to globally replace the 'end of paragraph' symbol. This can be done in MS
Word by finding "^p".
I found this: http://help.libreoffice.org/Common/List_of_Regular_Expressions
\n Represents a line break that was inserted with the Shift+Enter key
combination. To change a line break into a paragraph break, enter *\n* in
the *Search for* and *Replace with* boxes, and then perform a search and
replace.\n in the *Search for* text box stands for a line break that was
inserted with the Shift+Enter key combination. \ in the *Replace with* text
box stands for a paragraph break that can be entered with the Enter or
However, \n does not find existing paragraph breaks or CRLF or whatever it
is that is represented by the paragraph symbol when I open these text files
using Writer. The search for a tab, \t, works ok, but \n does not. I have
the Regular Expressions option checked in.
I have lists that need to be massaged in various ways. For example, I
replace "paragraph symbol, dash, angle bracket" with "nothing"; or replace
"paragraph symbol" with "@emaildomain.com, paragraph symbol"; or replace
"space" with "paragraph symbol". These are all text file data dumps that
just need to be cleaned up.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/users/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
|[libreoffice-users] Re: how to find and replace ppgh symbol||scat <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Error en LibreOffice
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Moving dashed outline around cell selected to copy?
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Error en LibreOffice
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: how to find and replace ppgh symbol