[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] FEATURE REQUEST: CALC -- Repeating a Table Header on a New Page
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] FEATURE REQUEST: CALC -- Repeating a Table Header on a New Page
- From: Simon Cropper <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 12:33:56 +1100
- To: libreoffice users list <email@example.com>
Writer has the ability so define a number of rows at the top of a table that will repeat if the table extends over the page.
This sort of functionality would be great in Calc. At present it is necessary to manually manipulate the sheet to put a header at the top of each page.
Even if the process is not dynamic as for writer. It would be good if a tool could be created that automatically moved the headers to the right spot (~ automatic cut and paste based on page size).
Assuming a square table a designated number of rows at the top of the table could be tagged as header rows by the user. These could then be propagated down the matrix and inserted at the top of where the current page break occurs. These duplicate headers are also marked as headers but also that they are duplicates. If the page size changes and the tool run again the duplicate headers are removed and the process repeated.
This sort of routine would save considerable time manipulating quite sizable tables that can extend over many pages.
Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 160, Sunshine, VIC
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/users/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
|[libreoffice-users] Re: FEATURE REQUEST: CALC -- Repeating a Table Header on a New Page||"Harold Fuchs" <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Installing LibreOffice under Ubuntu 9.10 aka Karmic
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] top- or bottom- quoting
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] How to select a small image placed on a large image?
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: FEATURE REQUEST: CALC -- Repeating a Table Header on a New Page