On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 06:35:43PM +0000, Tom Davies wrote:

I found the link for installing on linux.  It looks complicated because the page
currently covers at least 2 of the major families of linux distros.

http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/installation/linux

Thanks Tom, but this page is not applicable to my case: these instructions
are for the binary Linux packages and I'd like to build LibreOffice from the
source code files such as:

http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/src/libreoffice-artwork-3.3.0.4.tar.bz2

Additionally, I'm not running Linux.

Please ask for help because we have only just written this guide recently and it
still needs a bit of proof-reading (probably).  Some people are talking about
splitting it onto more than 1 page so that each family can follow the relevant
instructions more easily.  Anything you can suggest about how to improve the
page could be a big help :)

The best improvement would be a new page explaining:
- how to download and combine the 21 (!) different .tar.bz2 source code
  archives
- how to build LibreOffice from these files

--
Francois Tigeot