Marketing Conference Call

Link for the hangout:

https://hangouts.google.com/call/vubvmucyabecxkvm3gxskb6waie

AGENDA

Marketing Conference Call

ANNOUNCEMENT OF LIBREOFFICE 5.2 IS SCHEDULED FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 3, AT
NOON CEST (10AM UTC)

1. Press Kit
- General Press Release (focusing on positioning)
- Technical Press Release (focusing on new features)
- Background on User Interface Innovations
- Background on Document Classification Standards

2. Press Briefings
- Monday, August 1st: early morning for Asia/Pacific, late morning for
Europe, afternoon for the Americas
- Tuesday, August 2nd: early morning for Asia/Pacific, late morning for
Europe, afternoon for the Americas
- 1to1 Interviews will be planned on both days and all day on Wednesday,
August 3rd

3. Videos
- Links to videos will be provided in the press kit

4. Questions?

NOTES FROM THE CALL

* Italo and Mike working on press release for LO 5.2: short general information at the start, summarising the release; add at the end a technical part, with links to background information

* We should talk about the new functions and features in Calc, bringing LO closer to Excel

* UI changes: send a broad message that LO has a very flexible interface, eg with the new single toolbar modes in Writer and Calc. Use language that's closer to end users than UI experts

* Document classification: we are using a standard. Microsoft is using another approach, RMS (Right Management System). Position LO in this area as it becomes viable tool for large companies that are using document classification

* Announcements: press briefings on Mon and Tues before release on Weds; Italo and Mike to plan for those. Have a 5 - 8 slide presentation to show in 15 minutes, followed by Q+A

* Also write personalised pitches to specific journalists, inviting them to interview us or write articles

* Should include Asia in the process where possible - even if not for 5.2, start thinking about how to have a better relationship with Asian journalists in future. Need to overcome language barrier

* Videos: English done, ideally will be localised for other languages. Sophie to spread the word in NLPs to get translations / audio

Hello Mike, Italo,

Sorry for not having been available - I have a few questions inline.

NOTES FROM THE CALL

* Italo and Mike working on press release for LO 5.2: short general
information at the start, summarising the release; add at the end a
technical part, with links to background information

* We should talk about the new functions and features in Calc,
bringing LO closer to Excel

* UI changes: send a broad message that LO has a very flexible
interface, eg with the new single toolbar modes in Writer and Calc.
Use language that's closer to end users than UI experts

* Document classification: we are using a standard. Microsoft is using
another approach, RMS (Right Management System). Position LO in this
area as it becomes viable tool for large companies that are using
document classification

This looks like a great content base both for general communication on the 5.2 and for the "big" 5 features to be highlighted on the website. I'd be interested in the standard for document classification as well as the major new features so that we can define the top 5 features ahead of the release.

* Announcements: press briefings on Mon and Tues before release on
Weds; Italo and Mike to plan for those. Have a 5 - 8 slide
presentation to show in 15 minutes, followed by Q+A

* Also write personalised pitches to specific journalists, inviting
them to interview us or write articles

* Should include Asia in the process where possible - even if not for
5.2, start thinking about how to have a better relationship with Asian
journalists in future. Need to overcome language barrier

* Videos: English done, ideally will be localised for other languages.
Sophie to spread the word in NLPs to get translations / audio

Great videos!

Thanks,

Charles.

Hi Charles,

* Document classification: we are using a standard. Microsoft is using
another approach, RMS (Right Management System). Position LO in this
area as it becomes viable tool for large companies that are using
document classification

This looks like a great content base both for general communication on
the 5.2 and for the "big" 5 features to be highlighted on the website.
I'd be interested in the standard for document classification as well
as the major new features so that we can define the top 5 features
ahead of the release.

The standard is from TSCP (Transglobal Secure Collaboration Program), and there's more information on the LibreOffice implementation in this blog entry: http://vmiklos.hu/blog/classification-toolbar.html

Great videos!

Thanks! Hopefully we'll have versions in other languages before the release of 5.2 as well.

Mike