LibreOffice 5.0 Draft Messaging

- third generation of LibreOffice: first generation code cleaning
(LibreOffice 3.x), second generation refactoring (LibreOffice 4.0),
third generation multiplatform and user interface (LibreOffice 5.0)

- sum of all tweaks and additions since 2010 produce a cleaner, faster,
smarter and more attractive application

- the overall results show the power of a forward looking community,
based on the huge strength of shared knowledge, versus the weakness of
enterprise sponsored open source projects, which try to mimic the
proprietary software world

- in addition, the fact that ODF is now supported by a competitive free
office suite makes ODF not only a reality but a viable reality for
document formats

- the list of new features follows at this point

Hi Italo,

  Drat - I missed the meeting yesterday.

- third generation of LibreOffice: first generation code cleaning
(LibreOffice 3.x), second generation refactoring (LibreOffice 4.0),
third generation multiplatform and user interface (LibreOffice 5.0)

  I think the emphasis I'm missing here is re-iterating that a
point-zero-zero release and the major changes that have gone into 5.0
make it a start - and not the pinnacle of 5.0.x's stability =)

  Otherwise, looks good to me.

  ATB,

    Michael.