Users support via Twitter

Hello everyone,

The Document Foundation offers several types of community support channels for LibreOffice. One of the main ones is the users support mailing lists, but there are of course others, such as the Ask LibreOffice website and other tools. One experimental tool we have been using since the beginning of the year is a Twitter account dedicated to LibreOffice support, @libreofficehelp . It answered to quite a lot of help requests, and is well followed. However, only one volunteer (Jay Philipps) is behind this account and he cannot man the account constantly.

This is why we'd like to invite volunteers here who may be interested in using this account to provide users support. Obviously, it's different from being on a mailing list, but it's a very interesting and rewarding experience as well. If you're interested, shout here on the mailing list(s) or send me a private message.

Thank you,

Charles.