German community meeting in Essen

Hello,

I'd like to inform you that the German community has planned their annual meeting at Linuxhotel in Essen, from

  Friday, June 19 to Sunday, June 21

As the last years, we will meet and gather with the community, discuss about projects carried out in the past, and plan for the future. An agenda is yet to be written.

Everyone is invited to join, of course, to get in touch with community members, and contribute to the success of LibreOffice. :wink:

There's also a limited number of rooms available, but we have to book right now. So if you're sure you want to join already now, please let us know in time. Otherwise, there's a couple of other hotels available in Essen, and you can still join during the day.

Note that most of the slots will be in German language, but of course English speakers are welcome as well - exchanging thoughts and ideas across countries is usually quite constructive!

Looking forward to meeting you!
Florian

Hi Florian, would a talk about the story of the Italian community over
the last four years be of any interest? Of course, more on the growth
factor than on other topics such as fight with AOO (which is still a
concern).

Hi Italo,

Hi Florian, would a talk about the story of the Italian community over
the last four years be of any interest? Of course, more on the growth
factor than on other topics such as fight with AOO (which is still a
concern).

hearing that could of course be interesting! :slight_smile: I would just not travel from Italy to Essen because of a one hour talk or so. Maybe something that can be done via Hangouts?

I you planned to join anyways, sure. :slight_smile: We just won't plan in more than one hour or so, I guess, as I expect the agenda will be quite filled. But hearing some details from our neighbour communities is very interesting!

Florian

Hearing that could of course be interesting! :slight_smile: I would just not travel
from Italy to Essen because of a one hour talk or so. Maybe something
that can be done via Hangouts?

Of course.

I you planned to join anyways, sure. :slight_smile: We just won't plan in more than
one hour or so, I guess, as I expect the agenda will be quite filled.

My wife is away during that weekend, so joining would not be a problem,
apart from travel expenses.

Hi Florian

[...]

I have added the meeting to our LibreOffice events calendar and added you as the LibreOffice contact[1]. Let me know if the text needs any modifications.

Perhaps also get someone to list it on our wiki events page, either EN or DE would be fine. I could also not find a website for the meeting, but perhaps it is still too early for that.

Cheers,

Marc

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/EventsCalendar
[2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Events

Hi,

I have added the meeting to our LibreOffice events calendar and added
you as the LibreOffice contact[1]. Let me know if the text needs any
modifications.

thanks, looks good!

Perhaps also get someone to list it on our wiki events page, either EN
or DE would be fine. I could also not find a website for the meeting,
but perhaps it is still too early for that.

There's no wiki page yet indeed, it will show up later I guess :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Florian